Today I am sharing the past three weeks of my Year in the Life Weekly Layouts. As you can see I am continuing to use Close to My Heart’s Design 4 Pocket Pages each week. They are my personal favorite, but we have many different styles to choose from. Design 4 has eight 4 x 6 pockets and eight 3 x 4 pockets. I have used the Close to My Heart Thin Cut Alphabet and Numbers for my title each week and this month I have used a little bit of the ‘Celebrate Today’ papers.
Week 7 – Here is my journaling from Week 7.
Week of February 10-16, 2020
I create a text box in Pages and then add a line border. I just do some bullet point journaling reviewing the highlights of the past week.
- I worked on the new Extended Stories Workshops this week and did another layout for Throwback Thursday. This week I completed a layout from the CTMH Caribbean Cruise that was in 2013. I am feeling great about getting lots of creating done this year!
- We had our Re-Engage Group on Wednesday night and Cary and I went out to dinner at Chili’s afterwards. We like to have the avocado sirloin steak on the Guiltless Grill.
- Thursday we had a night of Fellowship with our Sunday morning Bible Study group at Pizza Place. They had a crustless pizza, so we tried it. It was okay, but I probably wouldn’t get it again. It was just cheese and pepperoni on a pizza pan with tin foil.
- Friday was Valentine’s Day and Cary and I exchanged gifts that morning. I got him four new shirts from Saddle Rags and he got me new sunglasses from Brighton to take on our upcoming trip to Tahiti. We left Friday morning for our weekend getaway to Fredricksburg, Texas. We almost didn’t get to go, as one of Cary’s employees called in sick. They ended up working it out and we got to go, but we were pretty worried that we wouldn’t get to go.
- We stopped at Cooper’s Barbecue in Llano for lunch. We got some brisket, sausage, ribs and some green beans. It was good, but it was kind of expensive for what we got. It cost us over $50! We had always wanted to go there, but there was always a line out the door. Now, we can say we’ve been there.
- We drove out to Enchanted Rock on our way to Fredricksburg. It was really crowded, so we just took a few photos while we were there. We didn’t climb up the rock.
- We couldn’t check into our room until 4 pm, so we we went to Fiesta Winery and did a tasting and bought some wine. It was a beautiful day and it wasn’t very busy, so that was nice. We headed to Becker Winery next and tasted some wine and then we headed to our cabin at Messina Hof. The room was really nice and the location was great. There were four cabins just behind the winery and they were very spacious.
- We had reservations for the Valentine Dinner and Dance at Messina Hof and it was just a short walk across the parking lot to the winery. We had been to this event twice before and we really enjoyed it, but we were pretty disappointed this time in both the food and the music. It was nice to have a short walk back to our room after dinner though.
- Saturday morning, we got up and went to Kerrville to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We always enjoy their breakfast. I noticed that they put in a brand new Hobby Lobby across the street, so we had to go check it out. I ended up getting a new sign to hang in the house and three small faux greenery arrangements to add to my new office shelves. Next, we went back to Fredricksburg and walked around downtown and looked in some shops. We didn’t find anything we couldn’t live without.
- We ended up going to a winery we hadn’t been to before and did a tasting. It was called Chisholm Trail Winery. We didn’t really care for their wines. After we left there we went out to an early supper at Mamacita’s Mexican Restaurant.
- After dinner we went back to the room to get ready for our concert in Luchenbach. We had tickets to see Bruce Robison and Kelly Willis. A group called ‘Kin Faux’ opened for them and they were pretty good. We danced a lot and did a lot of people watching. It was a lot of fun!
- We got up Sunday morning and had breakfast and then headed home.
I hope that you are documenting 2020 through scrapbooking whether that is in Pocket Pages or on a traditional layout. If you need any help getting started, I’d love to visit with you! You can just jump in this week, right where you are!
Email me or comment with any questions you have! Have a great weekend!